ARITA Journal Volume 34 #03 // 2022 – Digital assets, cryptocurrency, modern investigations and cyber security – covers everything insolvency professionals need to prepare for the next phase.
- Digital assets in insolvency – what you need to know to handle a cryptocurrency appointment by Mike Hill, Partner; Anthony Connelly, Partner; and Evangelos Vougdis, Manager at McGrathNicol
- The journey to cybersecurity featuring Adam Barker, Technical Director, SecureWare by Dominic Rolfe
- Off the chain: why cryptocurrency smarts are crucial in modern investigations featuring Briston Talbot and Mar Noordin, Directors, DuncanPowell DEM
- Emailing done well featuring Darren Vardy, Director, SV Partners by Kelly Peisley
Case updates include:
- Meetings of Creditors – changes to virtual meeting processes through the pandemic by Dan Butler, Partner and Jessica Sheppard, Solicitor at Jackson McDonald
- Quistclose revisited – creditor or beneficiary? The case of a former tennis star, his son, their claim to a Quistclose trust and the demise of a licensed financial services company that failed to meet its margin call by Sally Heidenreich, Barrister, Murray Chambers
- The test case: creditor-defeating dispositions by Glenn Franklin, Liquidator, PKF Melbourne; and Angelo Conti, Partner; LisaMcNicholas, Senior Associate and Alexandra Lawrence, Associate at Madgwicks Lawyers
- Just and equitable winding up: A practitioner's companion by Stipe Vuleta, Managing Director, James d'Apice, Director and Sayward McKeown, Associate Director at Chamberlains Law Firm
Plus a profile on SA/NT Division Committee Member Sam Sellahewa, the latest from ARITA's Specialists Narelle Ferrier RITF and Kim Arnold, RITF, Tim Beresford at Australian Financial Security Authority (AFSA), Saunders Sue at Australian Government Department of Employment and Workplace Relations, Australian Taxation Office and a new-look ARITA In Action. Across June and July, 916 ARITA Members, Subscribers and other professionals recorded 3432 CPE hours, and more than 800 individuals participated in ARITA Networking events.
Access Volume 34 #03 of the ARITA Journal here